With summer just around the corner, we know that you are looking at your landscaping options and wondering where to start. What can you include in your outdoor audio systems that will give you a premium sound?
There are so many different options available, however, we all know that the amplifier that you choose will make your system work to the best of its abilities. What do you need to keep in mind when considering an amplifier and which amplifier would be the right choice for you?
Here are some of the outdoor amplifiers that we recommend:
CROWN CDI 1000
The Crown Amplifier provides superb sound to any commercial or landscape outdoor project. This amp is extremely versatile and can be purchased separately or in one of our Luxury Outdoor Packages!
Crown CDi Amplifiers have 2 channels and are rated for 2, 4, 8-ohm loads, 70-volt/100-volt, and 140-volt outputs. This amplifier features an onboard digital signal processing (DSP) that includes crossovers, EW filters, delay, and output limiting.
TruAudio DSP Presets-
AS/S102 = AS & OL-70v speaker with ST-SUB-10.2
AS/S122 = AS & OL-70v speaker with ST-SUB-12.2
AS/HS = AS & OL-70v speaker with HS-SUB-12
AS/AS = AS & OL-70v speaker on both channels
BD/CL = BeatDrop or CL-70v
BDCL/HS = BD-8/CL-70v speaker with HS-SUB-12
OLD 10 = Old DSP for ST-SUB-10
OLD 12N = Old DSP for ST-SUB-12
AS-3/AS-3 = AS-3 on Both Channels, 70v
AS-3/HS = AS-3 with HS-SUB-12
AS-3/S10.2 = AS-3 with ST-SUB-10.2
AS-3/ S12.2 = AS-3 with ST-SUB-12.2
NOTE: If combining the AS-3 with AS-2 or AS-360, it is recommended to use the AS-3 DSP on the amplifier. DO NOT use the AS-1 on this preset.
NOTE: The AS-1, AS-2, and AS-360 are best used on the “AS” DSP.
Watts Per Channel (Crown CDi 1000) –
70v – 500 watts per channel
8-ohm – 275 watts per channel
4-ohm – 500 watts per channel
2-ohm – 700 watts per channel
Example: (2) ST-SUB-10 which are both 4-ohm subwoofers hooked to the same channel on the CDi-1000 is a 2-ohm load. The CDi-1000 is 2-ohm stable.
1. 8-ohm Recommendations:
1. If running the AS speakers at 8-ohm, you can mix and match as you see necessary. You will need to home run a speaker cable, preferably 14 gauge with 2 conductors, from your 8-ohm amplifier for each speaker you install.
2. 70-volt Recommendations:
1. TruAudio offers Crown Amplifiers with a custom DSPs presets programmed specifically for TruAudio products. This is the recommended amplifier when using 70V for any of TruAudio’s outdoor audio solutions.
1. If using the AS-3 speakers, you should use the “AS-3” program for the best sound.
2. If using the AS-1, AS-2, or AS-360 speakers you should use the “AS” program for the best sound.
2. If using a mixture of AS-2 and/or AS-360 speakers with AS-3 speakers, you should use the AS-3 DSP for the best sound.
The T50, 2 channel, Class D power amplifier with IR learning and features a mono or stereo speaker output, with support for 4-ohm and 8-ohm speakers.
It can deliver 50 watts per channel into 8-ohm loads or 60-watts per channel into 4-ohm loads. RCA stereo looping outputs to feed additional zone amplifiers in distributed whole-house audio systems.
This amplifier will make your wallet happy and is very versatile. It is compatible with dual voltage 110-volt/220-volt. It can work with any T.V. or control system and you also have the ability to easily add bass with the sub-out.
The T100 is a 2-channel Class D, power amplifier with IR learning and sub-out. It features a mono or stereo speaker output, with support for 4-ohm and 8-ohm speakers.
It can deliver 100 watts per channel into 8-ohm loads or 150 watts per channel into 4-ohm loads. It also has RCA stereo looping outputs to feed additional zone amplifiers in distributed whole-home audio systems.
This amplifier is also budget-friendly and adaptable. It is compatible with dual voltage (110-volt/220-volt).
It’s programmed to work with any T.V. or control system and you can easily add bass with the sub-out. With this amplifier, it includes the IR remote and wall brackets.
The VSSL A series brings your streaming music into your home. Finally, a product that allows you to stream your music from your favorite apps and music services to your home speakers.
The VSSL A.1 Home connects one zone (in this case your backyard) to your home audio system, giving you the freedom to use any app on any device to play any audio within that zone.
- With Native Streaming™ abilities, you can use any of your favorite apps to play music straight to your desired audio zones. New music services are available immediately, no necessary waiting for your system to update.
- Zone control using any mobile device or tablet. Use the VSSL app on any iOS and Android to set up and configure settings and added room control.
- High fidelity amplifier. The A.1 Home is made for the music enthusiast with the highest grade components available.
- With the A.1 Home, you can use the Native multi-room listening features of Airplay2 or Google Chromecast.